Applying in N.C.
Once applications become available for the 2020 U.S. Senate Youth Scholarship Program this page will provide North Carolina students interested in applying with the entry materials and submission information they will need to begin and complete the process of applying. This page will provide interested students with:
- The application,
- The essay prompt,
- The guidelines for the digital presentation,
- The form needed for those providing recommendations,
- A Checklist to help ensure requirements and submission instructions have been followed, and
- All addresses for where to mail and submit materials.
Students applying for the Senate Youth Program opportunity should be participating in and able to show a history, prior to this year, of leadership, public service, and government or civic related activities.
Entry Material Forms
Each student candidate applying for the U.S. Senate Youth Scholarship opportunity in North Carolina must submit ALL the following, according to the requested submission instructions, by the deadline.
- NC Application - (Form A)
- NC Written Essay - (Form B)
- NC Digital Presentation - (Form C)
- NC Letter of Recommendation Form - (Form D)
- One recommendation will be from a classroom teacher.
- One recommendation will be from an organizational sponsor, which cannot be that teacher who has already written the first endorsement.
The deadline for submission of all application and entry information for the upcoming year will be published, on this page, late spring 2019. Submission of materials MUST be done according to the following instructions: